This recipe is delicious and super easy to make! Also, an added bonus is that your whole place will smell amazing once this starts to bake in the oven!
Some great ways to eat this granola include:
· On top of your favourite yogurt (This granola is also great paired with any of your favourite fruit so you can easily put together a few yogurt parfaits for the week and you are all set with a healthy grab and go breakfast!)
· On top of your favourite pancake or French toast recipes.
· Simply enjoy as a cereal with just some milk!
· Mixed with a banana & peanut butter for an added crunch!
It stores well and can be kept in a container at room temperature for several weeks.
21/2 cups large flaked oats
¾ cup slivered almonds (or roughly chopped almonds)
2 tbsp flax seed
2 tbsp black or white chia seeds
½ tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
½ cup pure maple syrup (if you aren’t a maple syrup fan or don’t have any, honey works really well too!)
¼ cup melted coconut oil
¼ tsp almond extract (you could also use coconut extract instead if you want more of a coconut taste)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toss the oats, almonds, cinnamon, salt, flax seeds and chia seeds together in a bowl. Set aside.
Note: Feel free to add in any other nuts or seeds that you love. Some other favourites of mine are macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, and pumpkin seeds.
3. In another bowl, combine maple syrup or honey, melted coconut oil, almond or coconut extract, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix well.
5. Spread out evenly on the parchment paper and put in the oven. After 15 minutes, stir granola. After another 15 minutes, stir granola again and add in the coconut flakes and return to the oven for an additional approximately 15 minutes.
The granola should be golden brown but not dark brown. It will continue to darken and get crispy after being removed from the oven.